Tuesday 21 October 2008

Jobs In Banking

Well, it’s about time the blogsphere heard about the skill sets that I’m always on the look out for. As the market is candidate driven at the moment it’s more than likely that developers with a number of years experience of the investment banking industry will not be actively looking to move. And those who are on the market are likely to look at numerous job boards to see what positions are open.

The feedback from candidates I have dealt with in the past always comment about how they get inundated with phone calls from agencies once they submit their CV. For every live job at a bank there will be in the region of 15-20 adverts posted on www.jobserve.com or www.cwjobs.com. This happens as each bank has 5-6 agencies working for them which results in each agency posting the same job a number of times.

I’m guessing that candidates would like the job hunting process to be as painless as possible. With this in mind I’m going to update my blog with a brief overview of skills and business areas that I feel are in high demand. If any of these descriptions catch your interest than feel free to leave a comment and if it happens to be a position that suits your skill set then leave me your contact details.

No comments: